The Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (KLGM) of the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League (NOJHL) are seeking qualified candidates for the Head Coach/General Manager position for the 2019-2020 season. The team practices three to five times a week and participates in a 56 game league schedule.
As Head Coach you will be responsible for supervising assistant coaches and are expected to establish and maintain a positive culture, that values and prioritizes accountability and athlete well-being.
As General Manager, you are expected to coordinate and communicate with staff for effective risk management and safety, to the benefit of the hockey program and the athletes that represent the program.
The season runs from August through March, but duties will extend year-round, with recruiting, planning, sponsor interaction, as well as other actions.
- Recruit and select a full roster of junior ready athletes.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, practice good values and manage young athletes
- Organize, plan and attend all practices, including on and off-ice sessions and team functions
- Prepare for and attend all home and away games
- Manage and supervise assistant coaches roles and responsibilities
- Develop video sessions to prepare for opponents, review team game performance and improve individual skills and tactics
- Plan and communicate effectively with Board of Directors
- Follow accepted procedures when dealing with financial matters
- Act as liaison, at times, between KLGM and the greater community
- Conduct affairs, as appropriate, either directly and/or indirectly through the Direction of Hockey Operations with NOJHL personnel
- Other agreed upon tasks assigned by KLGM Board of Directors and Director of Hockey Operations
- A coaching philosophy that will maximize player and team success
- Previous coaching experience with elite performance athletes
- Ability to attract and retain high-level athletes
- Previous Professional, Collegiate, Junior or other elite playing experience
- Strong knowledge of the Hockey Canada Registration (HCR)
- Understanding and application of hockey analytics, data and video to player development
- Strong organizational and record keeping and communication skills
- Hockey Canada or USA Hockey Accreditation required
- Share in and promote the philosophy and long-term vision of the program
- Education and previous life experiences
Salary and compensation will be based upon experience and qualifications.
The anticipated starting date is a soon as possible.
Please send cover letter, resume, list of player advisers with which you are currently working and at least two references to;
Derek Callahan, Director of Hockey Operations,
Kirkland Lake Gold Miners Junior A Hockey Club,
via email at email@example.com