CALGARY, Alberta (March 2, 2015) – With the majority of the ten member leagues of the CJHL having just finished or about to wrap up their regular seasons, the CJHL is pleased to announce the final Pointstreak Top 20 Weekly Rankings for the season. Congratulations to the MJHL’s Portage Terriers who wrapped up an amazing season with a 53-3-4 record to finish as the top ranked team in the CJHL. The Terriers, who will host this year’s RBC Cup for Junior ‘A’ supremacy, are surely the favorites as we head towards the opening game on May 9th in Portage la Prairie.
The Penticton Vees capped an impressive BCHL regular season championship with two strong home wins over the weekend, including an awesome home crowd of over 3,300 on Friday evening against their arch rival, the Vernon Vipers. The Spruce Grove Saints clinched the regular season crown in the AJHL, and along with the Viterra South Division champions, the Camrose Kodiaks, will look to meet the Western Canada Cup host team, the Fort McMurray Oil Barons in the next to last step for an RBC Cup berth.
The Melfort Mustangs have won the SJHL regular season crown, but will have to be wary of the Kindersley Klippers and the Notre Dame Hounds as the playoff begin next week in Saskatchewan. The Steinbach Pistons remain in a battle with the Winnipeg Blues as the season draws to a close for second place overall in the MJHL.
The Fort Frances Lakers have taken the regular season title in the SIJHL, while the Soo Thunderbirds have clinched their second straight NOJHL regular season title, finishing ahead of the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners and the Elliot Lake Wildcats
The OJHL playoffs are already off and running so keep you eyes on the Aurora Tigers, Trenton Golden Hawks, Georgetown Raiders and Cobourg Cougars.
The Carleton Place Canadians have taken the regular season championship in the CCHL. The Sherbrooke Cougars have finished on top of the LHJQ standings, while the Woodstock Slammers have a firm grip on the MHL regular season title.
Best of luck to all the CJHL playoff bound teams as they earn a spot at the CJHL National Championships RBC Cup in Portage la Prairie, May 9-17.
Final Top 20 Rankings
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (3)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (4)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (5)
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (6)
- Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (7)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (9)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (10)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (13)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (11)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (12)
- Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (14)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (15)
- Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (16)
- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (17)
- Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (18)
- Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (19)
- Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (20)
Honourable Mention: Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL), Steinbach Pistons (MJHL), Winnipeg Blues (MJHL), Elliot Lake Wildcats (NOJHL), Cobourg Cougars (OJHL)