CALGARY, Alberta (October 27, 2014) – The Portage Terriers of the MJHL, had their 14-game winning streak to start their season snapped by their closest rival in the standings, the Winkler Flyers, while the Winnipeg Blues sit six points back of Winkler, with three games at hand. A great start for the Terriers, but a close examination of the ten leagues in the CJHL shows a tremendous amount of parity across Canada.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees are rolling along at the top of the standings on a ten-game winning streak, but an old rival is making a statement as the Nanaimo Clippers have moved in to second place overall, and hold a solid lead atop the Island Division. The Spruce Grove Saints have snuck past the Camrose Kodiaks in the AJHL, and Okotoks Oilers are just a single point behind the Kodiaks.
After a strong start, the SJHL’s Notre Dame Hounds have lost twice and have been passed by the Kindersley Klippers. The Melfort Mustangs are also moving along and are tied with the Notre Dame Hounds. Meanwhile in the SIJHL, the Fort Frances Lakers continue their solid play, and in the NOJHL, the Soo Thunderbirds are on an 11-game winning streak and have pulled into the lead of the West Division.
The Trenton Golden Hawks of the OJHL continue their strong play and lead the overall standings, but are now seeing the Aurora Tigers and the Georgetown Raiders make their move to catch them. The Carleton Place Canadians look to run away with the CCHL regular season title, but the Ottawa Jr ‘A’ Senators continue their pursuit, but have a lot of work to do.
The Cougars de Sherbrooke continue to dominate the standings of the LHJQ, but are being tracked closely by the College Francais de Longueuil The Woodstock Slammers are in command of the MHL, while the Dieppe Commandos, and the Pictou County Weeks Crushers both had strong weeks.
Top 20 Rankings
- Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
- Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
- Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (4)
- Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) (2)
- Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (6)
- Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (7)
- Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (5)
- Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (14)
- Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ) (15)
- Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (12)
- Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (13)
- Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (HM)
- Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (10)
- Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (17)
- Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (16)
- Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (11)
- Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (18)
- Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (HM)
- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (19)
- College Francais de Longueuil (LHJQ) (20)